So, it literally took me all of 2010 (read: two thousand ten) to realize that the socially accepted way to say the year was twenty ten. I guess that makes sense, since it's a syllable less to say, and therefore less of a mouthful. You know, I probably should have caught on to that months ago - with the Olympics, for example. (Not that I watched much of those.) So that's my goal - to begin saying the year properly: twenty eleven. So, I wish you all a Happy New Year - may twenty eleven be filled with many blessings for you!
I'm not usually big into "resolutions," so to speak, but I do like to use the new year as a chance to reflect back on the past year and all that I learned and the blessings I have to be thankful for. I also like to look at the year ahead - to set some goals, seek God's direction, etc. Life is more of a step by step journey, but I do like to take this opportunity to take a step back and look at the big picture of my life. I'll admit that I haven't take time to do that. We've been enjoying the routine-less-ness of break (school starts again next Tuesday - the 11th), spending time with friends, and celebrating our first anniversary! (Getting married was probably the biggest change of 2010.:) I hope to write a post soon reflecting back over 2010 (twenty ten:), but for now, I'll close by wishing you a happy new year - from our house to yours!
No comments:
Post a Comment