Sunday, January 9, 2011

Gratitude Journal #24

A nearby village in the evening - decorated for Christmas and covered in snow!

Our Christmas tree (which is especially exciting since it is the first tree we have had as a couple - so thankful for our first "married" Christmas!)...and please note the giant stocking behind the two normal sized ones...my husband was quick to (jokingly) claim that one, which I gave him much grief about!

What I'm thankful for:
*rest
*a bit more energy
*the relaxed pace of break, and time with Mike
*the time with friends, playing games, eating, etc. over break
*the freedom to go to church and both sing and hear Truth
*my family, for who each one is as an individual
*that our friend Amy was able to come visit over break - yay for catching up in person!
*that we've had more snow than normal so far this winter - I love the white stuff! We've enjoyed a bit of cross country skiing over break. (In the photo below I was imitating the picture on the tiny green sign behind me. I'm not sure whether the image was doing gymnastics on skis or what, since it wasn't a very realistic-looking skier:)
*Our friends, the S. family, are back after being away last semester while P. (the wife) was battling cancer. PTL for healing!


What I want:
*for my energy level to continue increasing
*to love God more
*to be a blessing and encouragement to the people around me
*to better live out the characteristics of love described in 1 Cor. 13 - especially in my relationship with Mike

No comments: