I'm at a point in life where I'm starting to feel more "settled." Like I'm "putting down roots." But I've been reminded recently to hold my plans and roots loosely - I'm supposed to keep my eyes focused on my King and follow where He leads me.A friend just shared this quote:
"Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventure" - L. Drachman
Mike and I have been talking recently about this "adventure" we're on. Sure we're curious and love to live life. But I think really, it boils down to the fact that we've surrendered our lives to whatever plans God has for us. Rather than begrudgingly trudging down the path God has for us, it's better to keep our eyes focused on Him, excited about whatever "adventures" - big or small - He has for us.
Which leads me back to the title of this blog - "Step by Step In His Hands"...It could also be called "Adventures...In His Hands." :)
Note: No, we're not planning to move. We've just been reminded recently that while we can make plans, we need to "hold them loosely," because God's plans might look different than ours.
No comments:
Post a Comment