Friday, March 18, 2011

Gratitude Journal #34

What I'm thankful for:
*our comfortable home
*warm sweaters
*hot beverages
*Friday mornings spent with 2nd graders - they're good for the soul :)
*I found black beans in chili sauce at the grocery store today (black beans are a bit harder to find here, and I LOVE them) to go with our taco salad for supper
*We're going to the Middle School play - "The Mouse That Roared" - tonight
*Tomorrow we're going to celebrate J & P's wedding...J is a former English Camper turned staff...she was my intern in the summer of 2009. (Well, technically, "our" intern, but she was a huge help and encouragement to me personally)
*Flexibility in my schedule
*All of the opportunities I have been blessed with
*All of the friends I have been blessed with

What I want:
*A snack and coffee...I'm a bit hungry and a bit cold
*To relax for a bit on this gray afternoon, before a busy weekend
*to learn what God wants to teach me
*to wrap up this Children's EFL curriculum project quickly and without too much blood, sweat, and tears (ok...maybe there hasn't been any blood, but there has been sweat and tears)
*for molehills to not feel like mountains to me
*to talk to my sister...our schedules have not "jived" recently
*to follow God and seek Him above all else...it is so easy to let the things of life cloud my vision of Him

No comments: