Thursday, March 3, 2011

Gratitude Journal #32

What I'm thankful for:
*the promise that spring is coming, and for beautiful sunshine and a cloudless blue sky (for the second day in a row!)...I'm wondering this: is the old adage, "In like a lamb, out like a lion" true for the month of March in Germany? :)
*the lovely Christmas cards we received this year ...Because spring is coming, the hubs has said that it is time to take them down...so I did.. But they have been a lovely reminder of the people we love (and who love us - thank you!)
*that family and friends are patient with my lapses in communication
*for what God is teaching me
*for 14 months (as of yesterday:) of marriage (some friends of ours here - a dear couple who recently clung to God during their second battle with cancer...the first was nearly 30 years ago - encouraged us to celebrate the "monthiversaries" - not for sappiness's sake, per se, but as a way to remember to thank God for each other every day)
*for progress I have made on my part of a Children's EFL curriculum project
*for the opportunity to go on BFA's high school retreat this weekend (March 4-6)

What I want:
*for mental energy and clarity to be able to finish/"polish" my part of a Children's EFL curriculum project that I'm working on. It is "rough" and needs to be smoothed out, streamlined, etc.
*for good connections to be built/strengthened with students at high school retreat this weekend, and to have the energy I need for that
*to go for a walk
*to honor God in all that I do

No comments: