The weather here this week has been cold with various types of wintry precipitation. Christmas/advent decorations are beginning to appear. That, combined with the fact that we live on more of a German calendar when it comes to holidays, means that it took me a bit this morning to realize that it was Thanksgiving Day.
Here, there's no school break, no Macy's Day parade, no feast with family. However, there will be a Thanksgiving turkey dinner with friends tomorrow. And our thoughts are definitely with faraway family whom we miss.
I've been reminded multiple times recently of the importance of having a thankful heart and attitude. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, because of the time spent with family, enjoying delicious food without the commercial hype of Christmas (Don't get me wrong - I definitely enjoy Christmas, but Thanksgiving feels less hectic to me). Today, especially, I want to be thankful, but more so I want to be thankful every moment of every day.
I am blessed. Blessed beyond measure. I could write a neverending list of things I have to be thankful for, but let me share just a bit of my 2010 Thankful List with you:
*God's grace and what He is teaching me about it
*My wonderful husband (this is my first Thanksgiving as a married woman) and how he cares for me and encourages me
*This season of rest
*The beauty of creation around me
*Time spent with family and friends, and the ability to keep in touch with them across the miles
*A warm, comfortable home
...and much, MUCH more!
No comments:
Post a Comment