I grew up in a house that was completely carpeted - bathrooms, kitchen, and all! This is the reason I give for my hesitations and insecurities about mopping, at least. But really, what is so difficult about mopping? All you do is take a mop and dip it in the cleaning solution and water combo, and use some elbow grease to go back and forth across the floor. (After sweeping first, of course.) And when you're done, the floor is cleaner, right? (At least that's how I think it is supposed to work. I'm open to any advice or suggestions that you may have.) Today I decided that mopping is not something I should be unconfident (inconfident? nonconfident? Ah! What is it?) about. So my kitchen floor is now much cleaner. :)
Sometimes I vacuum with more...shall we say fierceness?... than other times. Today I was very fierce. Especially when it came to the few Daddylonglegs (or some of their cousins) who had taken up residence in various corners of the apartment while we were away this summer. They, and all evidence of their presence (ie cobwebs) are now gone. :)
Sometimes it's the little things in life - a clean apartment. Family recipes. Talking with my sister about good recipes we've tried. (She told me about this one she recently made and said they're AMAZING! - http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/08/peach-cupcakes-with-brown-sugar-frosting/)
Smile. Sigh of contentment.
No comments:
Post a Comment