Well, school here at BFA started last Tuesday. Today marks the end of the first full week. Things are going well. Of course there have been slight glitches along the way, but I am slowly but surely settling into a routine...and loving it!
ESL here at BFA is one-on-one instruction. This means that we can focus on each student's specific needs. I really like the opportunity that this affords me to really get to know each student and build into their lives.
I have a total of SEVEN students...
- 1 girl and 6 boys
- 1 seventh grader, 1 ninth grader, 3 tenth graders, and 2 eleventh graders
- 4 Koreans, 2 Americans (who have always gone to school in another language), and 1 German
- ALL of my students are dorm students
- their parents' "countries of service" are spread across Europe and Asia
- they are all excited to be here
Please pray for my students, as they adjust to a new school. For all of them, it is their first time attending boarding school and being away from their families. For half of them, it is their first time going to an English-language school. Please pray for smooth transitions, and for God's grace in their lives.
This weekend a large number of the BFA faculty are heading into Switzerland for a retreat. I'm looking forward to the community building, spiritual refreshment, and amazing views of the Alps (the majesty of this part of God's creation always refreshes me) that we will have!
No comments:
Post a Comment