More and more I realize how "crazy" my life really is. How I live a life that overlaps two cultures, two languages, two continents. And in this current season, how full life is with changing jobs and preparing for a wedding and marriage.
I've always been someone who has mixed-up dreams. But more and more, it seems like the realities of things I'm dealing with in real-life show up in those mixed-up dreams. Last night's dream was a perfect example of this....In my dream, I walk into a David's Bridal store in America (this all sounds reasonable so far, right?), but right away the lady who works there starts talking to me in German. (because I look so German?!?!?) After some hesitation, I answer her in English, and a mixed up German and English conversation ensues. And then I walk out of the store, where there are more people outside speaking German. And then my dream ends.
Yes, I realize that there are people in America who speak German. But not in a store before you've said anything to them, folks. :) I woke up kind of shaking my head at this convoluted dream. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that this dream says a lot about my current life. About how the things on my plate don't necessarily naturally fit together, but they are all there, nonetheless. And with God's grace and help, I'm balancing them.
I know that in this season, I am also not doing the best with communication. Thank you for standing with me in prayer, even when you don't know a lot of specifics to pray for.
No comments:
Post a Comment