*Music - It speaks to my heart and soul in deep ways. The Truth in song that I am reveling in today is "What Life Would Be Like" by Big Daddy Weave...especially this part:
What if you could see yourself thru another pair of eyes
What if you could hear the truth
Instead of old familiar lies
What if you could feel inside
The power of the hand that made the universe You'd realize
He made the lame walk and the dumb talk
He opened blinded eyes to see
That the sun rises on His time
Yet He knows our deepest desperate need
And the world waits while His heart aches
To realize the dream
I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus live thru you and me
*Kristi - My amazing friend Kristi was here to visit for 9 days over Christmas. Kristi and I met in education classes at CU, and I am so thankful for her. She is a kindred spirit and my rational mind - someone who is always there for me no matter what. What a blessing it was to be able to spend time with her in person - relaxing, exploring Europe, and of course sharing non-stop honest conversation! I am thankful for her and that she was able to come visit and see my life here.
*The beauty of God's creation - I am blessed to live in an amazingly beautiful area where God's handiwork and creativity is abundantly evident. The Black Forest outside my door. The Alps a few hours' drive away.
What do I want?
*Rest and Refreshment - When this holiday break ends, I want to feel rested and for my soul to feel restored. I want to feel energized and ready to jump back into "normal" life & routine, work projects, etc.
*Growth in 2009 - I want 2009 to be a year in which I consistently serve God and strengthen/deepen my relationship with Him. On December 31, 2009, I do not want to be the same person I am today. I want to be more Christlike. To be more comfortable in my own skin and confident in who He created me to be. I want to have a strong foundation and be deeply rooted in Him. I want contentment, joy, and faith to be evident in all that I do.
*Authentic relationships - I want to experience the body of Christ as it is meant to be. Honest and authentic relationships. I want to drop the "Stained Glass Masquerade" (as the Casting Crowns song labels it). I want to learn how not to put up walls so easily and quickly. I want to learn from others. And to encourage and challenge others. I want to be a part of "iron sharpening iron."
1 comment:
GREAT photography. And great truth. May God grant your desires. They are godly ones.
Post a Comment