Friday, January 9, 2009

Gratitude Journal #3

What am I thankful for?
*Tough Days - (Yesterday was one of those). Because I learn from them. Because I am reminded that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.
*For Truth-speaking friends
- When I am deep in the mired muck of lies, they pull me out and speak Truth to me. They don't stop loving me. Even when I don't love me.

*For God's love
- It doesn't change. He always loves me. It is unconditional. I was reading Psalm 107 this morning (at the suggestion of one of those Truth-speaking friends)...four times it says "Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast
love."

What do I want?
*To accept God's love...just as it is. Unconditional. With no strings or requirements attached.
*To celebrate more. One of my Truth-speaking friends pointed out to me yesterday how many times in the Bible the people remembered and celebrated. They built altars to God. They feasted for days on end. I want to be better about celebrating God's goodness and joys in my life.
*To trust God each step of this English Camp planning process. To remember these are His camps, not mine/ours. To plan them in His strength, not my strength.

A song that is currently speaking Truth to me:
(Yes, I am adding a category:)
*Caedmon's Call's "Lead of Love"
"...Had to walk the rocks to see the mountain view
Looking back I see the lead of love ..."

Looking back over my life, I can see God's fingerprints and work in my life. I know that He will continue to refine me. Even though it is not easy, it is for my good. And His glory.

Svenja, Miriam, Robyn, and Franci at English Camp 2008
Why I do what I do...for the campers and the staff...to quote one of my former staff members "It's all about the kids and the gospel and the gospel and the kids!"

No comments: