Thursday, August 14, 2008

Challenging Thoughts

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow I'm sitting in on the last module of Janz Team's "Teach Beyond Summer Institute." (It has been a good change of pace from English Camp.) It's about Biblical Integration in teaching. Not just slapping Bible verses into a lesson and calling it Biblical Integration, but TRUE Biblical Integration. Letting Christ transform us (teachers) as individuals so that our students see His transforming power in our lives. And understanding (and then teaching) how "Creation-Fall-Redemption-Fulfillment" affects our subject area. Check it out: http://transformingteachers.org/

Thinking about and discussing "Creation-Fall-Redemption-Fulfillment" has been challenging to me. Trying to wrap my head around the eternal/never-ending future seems impossible enough. I realized this morning I had never before thought much about how God ALWAYS was BEFORE He created the Earth. Wow. I truly can't comprehend that. It reminds me how small I am and how big God is. How He is God and I am not.

No comments: