"...for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
This is the end of Philippians 4:11. Earlier this week, I was reading through Philippians (more on that in a bit) and this verse took me back to the beginning of my freshmen year at CU. You see, that verse was hanging on the wall of the lounge in my unit (suite). My roommate's Mom pointed out to me (an almost 18 year old who probably refused to admit how scary it was to be starting college 600+ miles from home) the humorous truth of that verse - she said "whatever STATE - Ohio, NY, etc." It's true - God asks me to be content wherever He places me geographically, whatever He calls me to do, and whatever circumstances I'm in. I am thankful that the last few days I have been blessed with the peace of contentment - that I know I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing what God has called me to do.
Back to why I was reading through Philippians. Recently, I've started helping to co-lead a small group of BFA 10th grade girls (an AWESOME group of girls, by the way!), and they are studying Philippians, which is why I was reading through that book. (I've been reading a lot of Paul's writings lately and am very encouraged and challenged by them....perhaps because I can currently relate to his relationship with his supporters and those he was ministering to?)
While I was considering whether or not I should agree to co-lead this group, I had some times of good reflection and confirmation. During this time, God confirmed to me three of the main passions He has given me: youth, cross-cultural ministry, and short-term missions. Co-leading this small group definitely fits within those parameters. These girls are TCKs (Third Culture Kids) who have experienced more places and cultures than I ever dreamed of at their age! I have a feeling I am going to learn a lot from them and that they are going to bless my socks off! (They are already!)
Praise God for all He has done and continues to do in my time here!
1 comment:
Kari...I am so excited that you are co-leading this small group...what a huge blessing:) I hope you are doing well today and loveing your time in service to our Great God!
Sharon
Post a Comment