*This past Saturday I went to Titisee - a small town in the Black Forest - with a friend. I had been there after English Camp in 2004. While I thought it was a beautiful place, it wasn't my favorite place because I thought of it as a bit of a "tourist trap." (And probably because I was tired after two sessions of camp:). Well, on Saturday I was refreshed by the beautiful snow-covered scenery (see above picture:). There were people milling around, but it was not crowded. As we perused the shops and admired the buildings, Black Forest culture abounded.
*Yesterday was my birthday (my 26th, in case you're wondering). I've been thinking about why we celebrate birthdays - I mean, isn't it kind of selfish and egocentric? Perhaps. But maybe moreso it's a day to celebrate who God created us to be and to remind each other why we appreciate each other. But shouldn't we be doing that everyday? Yes. (I think there are a few Bible verses that talk about that.:)
*Yesterday I learned that I have been a very bad German. It's amazing that my apartment isn't falling apart and rotting away due to mold. Evidently because of the way German houses are built and the way the heating systems work (neither of which I can explain to you), you need to open the windows every day for a little bit. Don't worry - I opened them this morning for the necessary amount of time.
*Tomorrow I leave to spend the next several days in Heidelberg and Hungary. I'm going with some friends (who live in Heidelberg) and a group from their church to serve at an orphanage in Hungary over Thanksgiving. So that's how I'm spending my first Thanksgiving away from home. And I'm excited about it!
*My trip back to the States is quickly approaching (I fly the 12th of December), which I am excited about. I am a bit anxious about all of the details that still need to fall into place, but I know that God will cause all things to fall into place in the way He wants them to.
I am praying that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving however or whereever you're celebrating with family and friends! Take some time to stop, step back, and remember all you have to be thankful for. God is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment