Over the weekend, I celebrated my birthday, and therefore, the beginning of one decade and the beginning of another. Yes, the big 3-0. I wasn't sure what to think of it - not that I thought it was a bad thing. But how am I thirty already? Especially when just last week someone asked me if I am a student teacher here. However, it ended up being a wonderful weekend of celebrating, reflecting on all that God has done in my life the past three decades, and looking forward to the next decade.
Now, you're probably wondering what the title of this post is all about. You see, my sister sent me the movie "27 Dresses" for my 27th birthday, and I thought the number connection was really cool. I didn't end up finding movies for birthdays 28 and 29, but when I spotted "13 going on 30" in a friend's collection last week, I knew I had to watch it on my birthday. So I did. :) (Mike watched some of it with me - when he wasn't making an amazing mocha layered cheesecake:) At one point in the movie, the main character says that she wants to be "thirty, flirty, and thriving." Later, I repeated this line to Mike: "I want to be thirty, flirty, and thriving." He gave me a funny look, so I explained that it was a line from the movie. I clarified that I'm only flirty with him, but I am now thirty and thriving sounds like a good thing to be. :)
So here's to another decade of life...a decade of thriving, with God's help, through ups and downs, and whatever it may hold.
1 comment:
We'll see if I will be thirty, flirty and thriving one day ;-)
Post a Comment