Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Beauty of a Sunrise

Let's be honest, folks - I haven't seen too many sunrises recently. (And by recently, I mean quite a while.) I've always said that I'm a morning person (nature vs. nurture? perhaps some of both, especially since morning comes early when you grow up on a farm). However, I spent a good part of a decade burning the candle at both ends. That takes its toll, plus makes mornings difficult. So I've spent the last year or so "recovering" - it's been a long, slow road, but God is so good. I hope to be a morning person again someday, and I've gotten a bit of a taste of that this week.

This morning I drove to Zurich (about an hour and 15 min. drive each way) to pick up a dear friend. As I left the house, the sun was beginning to come up and the sky was tinged pink - oh. how. beautiful. Then, as I crossed the border into Switzerland, I soaked in the beauty of the fall colors - beautifully painted hillsides. I love the quiet of a morning. The peacefulness. The joy of a new day. The beginning of the day seems a bit less rushed when you watch every step of the sunrise - step by beautiful step, savoring the moments.

**Sorry for the lack of a picture of said beautiful sunrise, but I was a bit busy driving safely. :)

No comments: