Monday, June 14, 2010

The Freedom of Summer...

Refocusing. I guess that's what I'm in the process of doing. Last week I spent five days in bed sick. I haven't been that sick - oh, possibly ever. I didn't proctor the exams I was supposed to proctor. Other people covered them. My end of the year reports will get written this week instead of last. Everything came to a standstill and I did nothing. Kind of makes you re-think life, eh? What's important and what's not? Relationships continued last week. But those tasks that I worry about so much? They didn't get done. And guess what? The world didn't stop. :)

I am thankful to be feeling better (still a bit weak, but hey - my body waged war on some gremlin germs last week!), and thankful that I was well enough to attend graduation on Friday and some other end of the year festivities. It's that time of year where there are many good-byes - some for the summer, some for a year, some for who knows how long.

I went back to the doctor this morning. As I walked home, and did a few errands on the way, I felt the freedom of summer. You know - that laid-back, unscheduled feeling to life. :) I haven't felt that in a long time. English Camp pretty much consumed my past few summers, so I'm looking forward to enjoying this "sabbath summer."

No comments: