Thursday, July 2, 2009

One Step At A Time

So here at Grand Central Station...err I mean English Camp headquarters....err I mean the top of the JTeV building (I'm beginning to think there might be a reason they put the crazy North American English Camp team on the top floor...if only they knew the half of what happens up here...:) we are busy getting ready for this summer's camps. In a mere ten days, our first staff arrive. We are excited, and also busy busy busy with final details. We have been staying at the office long after other JTers have gone home (even the ones that we sometimes suspect live here because they are here so much:). And our offices reflect the status of our busyness with materials piled here and there as we get ready. It takes a lot of materials (Sports, English, Kitchen, Chapel, etc.) to run camps for 190 campers, and so our limited space tends to get crowded this time of year.

I don't think my co-workers know what to think of my office. The pictures below show its current state, as I work on putting together 6 sets of English materials (one for each camp location).

My stress level has been a bit of a rollercoaster this past week, as I have fluctuated between #1 - remembering that God is in control of these camps - they are His camps, not mine; #2 - trying to reconcile the fact that God is in control with the fact that He can't put bunk beds together or laminate English materials (but He sent an AMAZING intern named Jenny who is sacrificing her thumbs cutting lamination); and #3 - at times living like these camps depend on Kari Sue for success, which sends my stress level through the roof.

God is providing. Over and over and over again He keeps reminding me that HE is in control and that He is working in mighty ways to provide for these camps. What is my response? To trust Him and thank Him and keep plugging away one step at a time with the lamination, bunk beds, English materials, shopping lists, etc.
Yes, it is possible to get to my desk...it is just a bit tricky. (Don't worry, Diane - I'll have it cleared out and finished before you get back next week!)

See - they are actually piles! There is organization and systems in the midst of seeming chaos!

No comments: