Today is BFA graduation. This next month or so contains a lot of good-byes. I have several good friends who are leaving this community, and will literally be around the globe. I am excited for what God is doing in their lives, and encouraged by the glimpse of the global kingdom that it gives me, but I am also sad to see them go. Please pray for good closure. For a healthy season of good-byes.
These verses written to the exiles are commonly quoted, but that does not diminish the truth they contain - God's plans truly are for our best. Even when life is hard, God is using it for our good.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
...I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Jeremiah 29:11, 14
...I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."
Jeremiah 29:11, 14
Verse 14 speaks of the promise that the exile will end, but it reminds me that someday, I will be eternally reunited with these friends. And oh how amazing it will be to know the full extent of God's work in His global kingdom as we worship Him together forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment