Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grasping Grace

I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose.
Galatians 2:20-21

God is teaching me a lot about grace these days. I love the verses above. Yesterday morning, the phrase "I do not frustrate the grace of God" popped into my mind. And spoke Truth to my heart. Some versions use the word "nullify," while others use "frustrate." Either way, that is a powerful statement. Those are powerful verses.

I am very hard on myself. I "beat myself up" (figuratively speaking). This is not what God wants. This is not me truly grasping grace, and living as one who is freed by Christ's blood.

May I grasp true grace today.

No comments: