The past few days, spring has been in the air. I have commented about this to some people, who then proceeded to warn me that winter probably wasn't completely gone yet.
The pace of life is beginning to increase (which is expected in my current life in spring and summer). So while this week has been good, it has been busy and felt a bit long. A few changes in schedule leaves me having to consistently remind myself what day it is.
Last night I slept very soundly, so when the alarm went off this morning it took me a minute to pull myself from slumber and remind myself what day it was. Then I looked out the window and saw SNOW! (As if I needed to be further disoriented.:)
As I walked to work this morning through the gray, wet, cold morning, my mind was feeling slightly unsure as to what day or month it is, but my heart was at peace. Because I have so much to be thankful for!!
What I am thankful for:
*My family
*Good sleep
*Time with friends (I spent the day with my dear friends Mike and Anna yesterday - it was a delight to catch up with them and spend time with them, especially since they "connect two of my worlds")
*"Dschungelfeuer" (Jungle fire) Rooibus tea - I think I would have to say that this is my favorite tea. I discovered this delicious sweet blend of orange, cinnamon, and rooibus this past summer, and I was able to buy some more of it yesterday. (And am currently sipping it....mmmm....)
*Steve (our EC intern) arrives today. PTL!!!
What I want:
*To make the most of every moment of every day
*To have more discipline in my life
*To be an encouragement to the people in my life
*To read more
No comments:
Post a Comment