Awhile ago, my precious neighbor and friend challenged me to start a 40-day gratitude journal, describing what I am thankful for, and what I want. So here I am, the day after Christmas, starting it, and sharing it all with you.
What am I thankful for?
*Mari Ellen - my neighbor, friend, and fellow missionary who challenged me to do this. God certainly knew what He was doing when He put me across the hall from her! I am thankful for her listening ear, cups of tea, joyous laugh, knowledge of German culture (and many other things:) and especially for the way she speaks Truth into my life.
*Sunshine - Winter can be quite gray around here, but yesterday and today have been beautiful sunny days.
*Christmas - No matter how you spent it - with family or friends, snow or tropics, it is all about Christ. I was reminded of that this year as I made new traditions during my first Christmas far from home.
What do I want?
*Dorothy's Red Slippers - You know, from the Wizard of Oz. Click your heels three times and you will be transported wherever you want. It would make visiting friends or family much more feasible! Oh, so you want me to be realistic? Ok, so then I want the Atlantic Ocean to not be as wide as it is. :) (In other words, I wish my family were not so far away.)
*To Dwell Deep - Lexi is a friend who was an RA here at BFA last year and is now teaching in the US. She sent out an update email the other day in which she shared what she has been learning and experiencing. I was challenged by many of her thoughts, especially this one (I hope you don't mind that I stole this, Lexi.):
I was encouraged to “dwell deep” by Amy Carmichael. When I am deeply rooted in the Lord, circumstances and other surface things will not rock me. This quote has been so good:
“Too much of thy surface is exposed to the breath of every wind that bloweth. Thou must learn to dwell deep.”
*To not fear. To rest in God's hand - to remember that He has promised to uphold me.
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)
1 comment:
I'm honored.
Post a Comment