Last night I was thinking about how desperately I (we) want peace and joy. And I realize that is the longing of every person. To have peace and joy – that feeling that everything is right. Some people try to fill that void, that longing, with sex, drugs, and alcohol. Some people try to fill it with “good” things like friendship, service, and ministry. But really, there is only one true source of that joy and peace we seek – God. Jehovah. Father.
I was also thinking about how much I (we) want to “fit” where we are. I wonder if I will ever find where I fit. And then it hit me. I won’t find that this side of heaven, because “this world is not my home.” Rather, "my citizenship is in heaven” (Philippians 3:20).
The “more to life” that we seek is what we were made for – eternal life with our Creator, worshipping Him. We won’t find that true peace here on earth. The closest thing we can find is living every moment of every day for Him alone. Not for self. Not for others. For God alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment