Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Juggling Details

My responsibilities with English Camps include a wide variety of things - everything from the English teaching segment of the program to the menus and shopping lists, from setting up the layout/usage of the dorm space to staff orientation. And many many more details. Last week I decided that I feel a bit like a juggler - trying to take care of many different facets of camp and ensure that everything that needs to happen does indeed happen. I don't want to let anything "drop."

When I'm surrounded by details, it is easy to get overwhelmed. But that is not good. It is not healthy, nor is it God-honoring. I find that I consistently need to take a step back and look at the big picture. When I do that, it is easy to see how God has been VERY faithful. Yes, there are still pieces of the puzzle that need to fall into place, but God, in His amazing and loving ways, has already orchestrated many things for this summer's camps. For example, we have a HUGE need for male counselors for our second session, and this morning I received emails about two potential male counselors. God is good!

Many times over the past week God has reminded me of His faithfulness in my life. I cannot miss the evidence of His hand in so much. I praise Him for His faithfulness. One song in particular has been going through my mind over and over again in recent days:
"Oh Lord, You have been good.
You have been faithful to all generations."

Indeed He has. When I get discouraged because I allow myself to forget His grace and care for me, He is quick to redirect my focus (if I'm sensitive to His Spirit and voice). This morning I was in a bit of a negative mode and yet another song came to my mind:
"Trust and obey
for there's no other way
To be happy in Jesus
but to trust and obey."

May I trust and obey and praise Him for His faithfulness today.

No comments: