The area I live in is known in German as the "Dreiländereck" ("three country region" or something like that). It's the area where France, Germany, and Switzerland meet. Nearby is the Alsace region, which the German and French fought over for centuries. It is interesting to have such a mix of cultures nearby! In Cincinnati, you cross the (Ohio) river and you're in Kentucky. Here, you cross the (Rhein) river and you're in another country - either Switzerland or France, depending on where you are!
A few weekends ago, I went with some of my new friends to Weil am Rhein. In the picture below, we are standing in France, and looking back across the Rhein (which we had just walked across...on the bridge, obviously:) toward Weil am Rhein. BEAU-TI-FUL!!!!!!!! I love seeing God's majesty in creation!

(I have to give credit where credit is due - Meghan took this picture, not me. Thanks, Meghan!)
No comments:
Post a Comment