To continue the saga of Kari driving in Germany: My driving abilities continue to improve. Today I drove a van that was stick that did NOT have power steering. And we were on some crazy narrow twisty mountain roads. And we took a couple wrong turns so Kari had to turn the beastly van around. But have no fear - we arrived safely at our destination!
Oh how quickly the days pass by...but at the same time it seems like this camp has lasted for weeks (or maybe even years) - but in a good way. We have a great group of campers and staff and we're keeping pretty busy from sun-up to sun-down (well, actually, after sun-down:) - having fun and most importantly, watching God work. And working He is! At least 5 campers have made decisions, and many more are searching - it's exciting! But our hearts are also heavy as we see the huge struggles they are facing - possible eating disorders, tough family situations, trying to make decisions about their futures, etc. Please be praying praying praying for them, and that God will give us the words to say for them.
My role as director keeps me on my toes - trying to keep all of the details flowing so that camp goes smoothly. I really can't complain - I have a great staff, who thankfully accepts me regardless of my weaknesses (and gives me a ton of grief in the process. Hey - I guess I'm good for entertainment value!:) I'm learning a lot about leadership and organizing. I'm also learning that #1 - I'm not expected to be perfect and #2 - You have to pick your battles.
We have two full days left and then the campers leave on Saturday. Please pray for the campers:
- For those who are believers to be strengthened in their walk with Jesus
- For those who are searching to realize the Truth
- For those whose hearts are hard to be softened
Danke und Gute Nacht! (Thank you and Good Night!)
2 comments:
Thanks for the update! It is good to know that our prayers are being answered in the lives of the campers! May God continue to bless you and work through you as you yeild to His will and obey His Word.
hahaha...congrats on your mad driving skills! I used to drive my parents' '90 ford escort, and know how hard it is to manage even a small car without powersteering (the stick shift I had down ;-))
I'm glad to hear that you are having fun and that things are going well. It would be great to see some pics! :-)
Post a Comment