Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stories...

As we reflect on and discuss how camp went this summer, I hear more and more stories that tell how God worked this summer. Let me share a few snippets:

*A staff member said "I knew I could love the loveable, but I learned this summer that I could love the UNloveable.

*Staff members eyes were opened to the spiritual needs of German teens, and they feel God possibly leading them to minister to Germans in the future.

*Campers have already registered for next summer because camp this summer was "boththumbsup!" and"oberhammer" (which I'm told is really strong - means something like REALLY awesome).

*A camper who is struggling with self-mutilation approached a staff member after chapel one night, confesses her struggle, and says she wants to be free from this.

*Campers are eager to learn - and hungry for - the truth of the Bible. For example, when the Bible speaker tells them to turn to a certain verse, they keep looking until they find it. If the verse is in Matthew, many of them start looking in the front of their Bible (not realizing that Matthew is in the last half) and keep looking until they get to Matthew.

*A camper who is struggling with unhealthy eating habits finds hope when she begins a personal relationship with Christ.

...And the list goes on.... The stories that we do hear excite me greatly. At the same time, I know that many seeds are planted...the fruit of those seeds will only be truly known when we get to heaven. And that will be OBERHAMMER! :)

No comments: