Friday, June 1, 2007

Cause For Rejoicing!

I have been reminded recently to praise God for the many "little" things He does in my life, but this is a BIG thing to be thankful for!:

"Congratulations! Your MA portfolio passed. You may pick up the hard copy from me at your convenience. Also, your TESOL portfolio is a pass."

That's an email I received yesterday from the English Dept. that caused me to breathe a sigh of relief and say a prayer of thanks!!! That's a big milestone on the way to finishing my Master's!

Things are winding down with school. Today is the last day of classes. The list of things I have left to do: one self-assessment essay, one research paper, a stack of student portfolios to grade, and final grades to calculate. In non-school things, I need to pack up this chapter of my life and figure out how to say good-bye - my roots here in Ohio are deeper than I previously realized or would have admitted. As much as I'm anxious to get home to NY to spend time with my family, I need and want to make sure that I spend time with and say good-bye to people here. By God's grace, I'm moving through this transition phase one step at a time.

No comments: