Monday, July 4, 2011

See the blessing, not the burden.

Yesterday morning, I opened the fridge and pulled out the milk to put some on my cereal. The milk jug said "Best before July 11." "July 11th?!" I thought to myself, "How do they get milk to stay good for that long? I mean, it's only June 1st." Pause....."Oh yeah, it's July 3rd."

That's what happens when you spend the summer living out of a suitcase and crossing various state lines regularly: you lose your sense of time. No, it's not the easiest way to spend a summer, but as my Mom says, I'm trying to "see the blessing and not the burden." The blessing is getting to see and reconnect with many people - family, friends, churches, supporters.

Pray for us - that we will be able to see many more friends and family, but also that we will get the rest and refreshment we need to return to Germany in August.

No comments: