This morning, my heart aches, missing my family and friends on the other side of the Atlantic. My sister graduates from college next Saturday, and this is the first family graduation I've missed. The younger of my two brothers has a new job and won't be in NY when we visit this summer, so who knows when I'll see him again. And for some reason, walking to school on the beautiful spring mornings this week has brought back lots of memories of the four years I lived in Ohio post-college. Geographical distance has put relational distance in these friendships, and I miss not knowing what's going on in their lives.
Don't get me wrong - my life is RICH and I have MUCH to be thankful for. But everything comes with a cost. For Mike and I, choosing to follow the calling God has given us means living far from those we love. And some days it hits us harder than others....
No comments:
Post a Comment