Loved - Last Thursday was my birthday, and then Sunday some of the ladies here had a bridal shower for me. So for the past several days, I have felt so loved on and blessed. So reaffirmed in who God has made me to be. So thankful for this community God has placed me (us) in. I am blessed.
Loving - I love my students! It is a privilege to be here, loving them and teaching them. H. is a freshman girl with such a cheerful student. She brings a smile to my face, even when I am having a bad day. We work on her English, but we also have good conversations. So I am not just her teacher, but I also feel like a bit of an informal mentor/big sister as well. S. is a 7th grade boy that I want to adopt and let live at my house. No, this is not realistic. It is just that my heart is heavy for him. He is facing some difficult things right now, and the dorm structure, while good, is not the best for a 7th grader (he and his 8th grade roommate are the only two middle school boys in the dorms this year). So please pray for S. (and H. and all of my other students) as he (they) continues to transition into life here at BFA.
Thank you for your prayers. This is a busy time of year here - please pray for energy, strength, and health. (BFA was closed last Monday and Tuesday due to a significant number of people being ill, including some with H1N1. Thankfully, the time off restored us all, and helped people either recover or stay healthy!)
No comments:
Post a Comment