Here it is 7:23pm and I am still sitting in my office. The blue sky and sunshine trick me into believing that it is earlier in the day. And the fact that I am being productive tempts me to keep working. This has happened too much this week. Yes, English Camp prep is important, and this is our busy time, but there is more to life than just that.
Several times this week I have thought "I need to blog about x, y, or z." But alas, it has not happened. Let me try to share a bit about what has been on my mind and heart recently....
*My amazing sister was here visiting me last week - it was WONDERFUL!! That in and of itself is definitely worthy of its own post, which will happen once I actually have downloaded my pictures.
*My computer is basically dead at this point. But my adventurous roommate and I are trying to revive it. So far, we've been partially successful. Part of me thinks it is sad how dependent my life (work and communication) is on a computer, but PTL for providing another computer at the office for me to use, so my English Camp work is not interrupted! (Any odd characters that appear are due to the fact that I'm still adjusting to the German keyboard:)
*Life has been full recently. With English Camp prep. With saying good-bye to BFA friends, (some temporarily and some that I might not see again this side of eternity). With my sister's visit. With other adventures. With trying to make the most of every moment.
*My heart is at peace because I serve an amazing God who has blessed my socks off. Sometimes I'm tempted to think that at 26 I'm old, but recently I've been struck with how short 26 years really is, and how many amazing things I've been able to experience at this 'young age.' No it hasn't always been an easy road, but I am blessed. And if God gives me one or maybe even 2 more sets of 26 years, I am speechless because I cannot begin to imagine what adventures and blessings those future years hold. But I am also excited because I feel potential....the potential that God is going to allow me to witness or be a part of BIG things. How can I help but be excited and joyous about that?! (And no, I don't have any idea what those things might be.:)
*I'm challenged and inspired and excited as I meditate on Oswald Chamber's thoughts about "reckless abandon." (Check out "My Utmost For His Highest" June 18th or click here.)
*I've been reminded that God cares more about me BE-ing than me DO-ing. Even though the next two months will contain a lot of do-ing, I pray that I remember to BE. (As in "Be still and know that I am God.") To just BE in His presence.
Thank you for being part of my life. For allowing God to use you in my life in so many ways. I am truly blessed in the people I know. Thanks for being part of this incredible journey I am on.
No comments:
Post a Comment