Friday, April 4, 2008

Musings

Why do we think that we are only supposed to talk/write/email/blog about the positive things in life? That's not honest or authentic. Life is filled with both mountaintops and valleys, both of which God uses to mold and shape us. This week for me has been one of those weeks that I don't really like to have. It has not been awful - just kind of blah. I've been tired. Lazy. Less productive than I'd like to be. Reminded of how unworthy I am of my Father's love. Amazed that He chooses to use me. But feeling like I'm not really being used. Trying to learn the lessons He has for me. Wishing my heart constantly yearned for Him. But being all too aware of who and what I truly am. Feeling like a failure in so many areas. But trying to see the Truth. Oh that I would wrap myself in the Truth of the Father's love.

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure
...

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments: