Friday, July 6, 2007
Sink or Swim?
So you know the analogy of teaching someone to swim by throwing them in the deep end, and they either sink or swim? That's kind of what happened today with me and driving. I have basically no experience driving a stick, and then you have the differences of German roads, signs, km/hr instead of mph, etc. One of the JT guys had given me a driving lesson the other day, but we were on the back back roads and we didn't do any practicing of reverse. SO...today was the big grocery shopping day for the camps, and there weren't enough drivers, so I had to drive. Many Germans probably wondered how I got my driving license, but we got to Marzell and back safely. Reverse and getting into first gear are not any where near smooth, but once I'm moving I'm fine. :) I will learn, I will learn....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hang in there! I am not good at the whole stick shift thing either...and I'm in the US!
Post a Comment